[erlang-questions] Dialyzer from the Erlang API

Eric Merritt ericbmerritt@REDACTED
Sun Nov 27 22:21:20 CET 2011

Guys,

 I have a quick and hopefully easy question. Running dialyzer from the
Erlang API seems to take significantly longer and use significantly
more CPU then running it from the compiled 'dialyzer' executable with
the same options, or ostensibly what should be the same options. It
might be that calling dialyzer from the API does not invoke the native
code compilation that happens when called from the command line. Thats
supposition on my part, but its all I can think of that might be
causing this problem. In any case, it would be very good to know why
this might be and perhaps a way to get similar behaviour from the two
methods.

Eric