[erlang-questions] Best way to send JSON from erlang to the browser and back

Jack Moffitt jack@REDACTED
Sat Nov 26 04:26:18 CET 2011

> It looks simple - anyway it would be much better to send
> binary encodings which need no parsing, rather that things that
> need to be parsed.

In this case you can use MessagePack which is basically a binary
serialization of JSON (with a few more types available too). The
Erlang library for example uses the same representation as the modern
Erlang JSON libraries (although I think mochijson* use an older
representation which is not the same).

jack.