[erlang-questions] Getting a password from escript / I/O server introduction

Mikhail Sobolev mikhail.sobolev@REDACTED
Thu Nov 24 09:01:20 CET 2011

Hi Alex,

On 24 November 2011 09:40, Alex Shneyderman <a.shneyderman@REDACTED> wrote:

> Maybe, I mis-understood your comment. What did you mean by "On a
> related note, it seems that it's impossible to get user input without
> echoing anything to the screen." ? My understanding was that needed
> something that did not echo anything to the screen while prompting
> user to provide data. All of the echoes in your sample are coming form
> format not the get line. But than again I am probably not clear on
> what you meant by "without echoing anything to the screen".

Sorry for being unclear.  Hopefully, the attached screen shot can clarify
what I expect.  As you can see, the input "yes" is shown two times: when
user enters it and when it's displayed using io:format.  My expectation is
that only the io:format's output is shown on the screen.

--
Misha