[erlang-questions] Getting a password from escript / I/O server introduction

Mikhail Sobolev mikhail.sobolev@REDACTED
Wed Nov 23 21:00:55 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to get a password in my escript.

Having read http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/io.html, I found wonderful
io:setopts/1, however in the section that caught my attention there
are somewhat cryptic words "Only supported for the standard shell
I/O-server (group.erl)".  Could somebody suggest what to read (beside
the code (I tried, but my experience is insufficient to easily
navigate through it)) to better understand what stands behind these
words?

(On a related note, it seems that it's impossible to get user input
without echoing anything to the screen.)

--
Misha