[erlang-questions] throwing from gen_server:init/1

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Wed Nov 23 15:50:08 CET 2011

I'm passing a proplist to the init function of my gen_server.

I need to ensure various options are present and validate them.

I also don't want to have a huge nested case statement.

Is it acceptable to throw or error when I cannot find or validate an option?

Are there better ideas?

N.B. The option values are assigned to fields of the gen_server state records.

- for hire: mac osx device driver ninja, kernel extensions and usb drivers