[erlang-questions] Timers for hibernated processes

Barco You <>
Wed Nov 23 04:30:49 CET 2011

I wonder what the difference is between using erlang:start_timer(Timeout,
Pid, Msg) and directly using the receive-after clause as below:

       _Event -> ok
       Timeout -> Pid ! Msg

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Scott Lystig Fritchie <