[erlang-questions] How erlang compiler transform generic instructions to specific instructions?

Jovi Zhang bookjovi@REDACTED
Mon Nov 21 03:02:14 CET 2011

2011/11/20 Björn-Egil Dahlberg <wallentin.dahlberg@REDACTED>:
> I guess you mean the beam loader. The loader will transform beam-code to
> internal beam code, or "load-assembler" or what you may call it.

Yes, that's what I means, I always got confused by this part.
"beam loader" is a part of emulator?, not compiler?
*.beam file just include generic instruction? beam emulator erl load
that generic instructions, then transform it?

> No documentation exists.
Not open source? which module handle this part?