[erlang-questions] Fwd: mysterious reltool exception

Nikola Skoric nskoric@REDACTED
Thu Nov 17 17:35:08 CET 2011

On 17 November 2011 14:41, Tim Watson <watson.timothy@REDACTED> wrote:
> The error states that you're not including kernel, which you do appear to
> be.

Correct.

> You have 2 files ending in .rel

Sorry for that, the rel file in ebin was is not used anymore. I removed it now.

> and I'm really a bit confused by the project structure

This is my first serious erlang project, and project structure changes
as I grasp erlang patterns and best practices. I try really hard to
conform to expected structures, and if you have any advice, I'll take
it very seriously :-)

> why not use reltool.config if you're using reltool

I started exploring reltool today and for now I have no luck with the
tool, so I didn't commit my .config file to master yet. But you can
see current state of my .config file from previous emails.

> why are there beams in your src dir that aren't part of the .app resource file?

You mean "erl files", not "beam files", right? That would be es_tests
and es_releasing, as far as I'm aware. Those are helper modules which
are not intended for production.

> Try this:
> t4@REDACTED:erlang-questions $ git clone
> https://github.com/egon-sim/egon_server.git && cd egon_server
> t4@REDACTED:egon_server $ mkdir rel
> t4@REDACTED:egon_server $ vi rebar.config

Right, rebar. Yes, I hear rebar is an excellent tool, but
unfortunately, most of the time I code on a WinXP machine without
admin rights and cut off from the Net. Last time I tried compiling it
on this machine, it failed, and I just went with systools, since it
was less trouble. It might be the right time to look into rebar again.

Thanks for help!

--
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a
system of government."