[erlang-questions] When to return {ok, Value} or just the Value

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sun Nov 13 09:11:05 CET 2011

All success values must be clearly distinguishable from the error values.

E.g. lists:keyfind/3 will only return tuples as success values, so the error value can be 'false' (esp. since we have  no useful information about _why_ the object wasn't found).

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Feuerlabs, Inc.
http://www.feuerlabs.com