[erlang-questions] [ANN] Priority Queue Implementation

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Sun Nov 13 02:49:43 CET 2011

Perhaps you perceive quality as an academic type of quality, where all descriptions are short so they can be consumed quickly and easily.  I agree the code for pqueue.erl is long, however, that is a price for efficiency in that case.  So, it really depends on how you judge quality.  When you consider data structures as stable building blocks for higher-level logic, you might realize that data structures source code never really changes that much once it is acceptable.  So, even if the source code is dense, it isn't something that needs to be modified... quite the contrary, it shouldn't need modifications since it is meant to be a stable building block.  You are welcome to try and create something more efficient with a smaller amount of code.  That might achieve the quality you think is missing.