[erlang-questions] Where's Dijkstra when we need him?

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Sun Nov 13 01:55:53 CET 2011

+1

On Nov 10, 9:31 pm, "Richard O'Keefe" <o...@REDACTED> wrote:

> People in the Java-for-Web world seem to be happy piling layer upon layer
> of semi-transparent goo over Java.

IMHO this is not by rational choice, but a result of "imperative
frustration". The problem is never solved by the Java goo, and each
goo-layer only solves a part of the core issue. Unfortunately, this
makes the problems more diverse and worse. Hence, we get even more
goo.

Solving this core issue is actually quite simple.

You just need to recognize the value of using Erlang/OTP in the first
place :)

/s