[erlang-questions] Questions on match specifications

wrp i3text@REDACTED
Fri Nov 11 03:33:56 CET 2011

Match specifications don't appear to be complicated, but the
documentation on them is sparse. I found the description in Cesarini &
Thompson to be much clearer than in the ERTS User's Guide, but I still
have some points of confusion.

For starters:

1. Quoting seems incosistent. Why is 'and' quoted but andalso is not?

2. Why is float division (/) not accepted in guards?

3. In the case of infix operators, does {'op','$1','$2'} always mean
"$1 op $2" (vs. "$2 op $1")?

4. The ERTS User's Guide lists get_tcw as an allowed function in ets
matches. Is that correct?