[erlang-questions] Asynchronous calls in gen_server
Wed Nov 9 03:55:57 CET 2011
I have a question about the inner workings of an async call in gen_servers.
Is there any sort of queue built for async messages? For example, if the
server receives a large amount of messages to an async method:
1. How does it determine in which order to process those calls?
2. Does it store the messages somewhere to be processed by the function
at a later time?
3. Does it just reject those calls it doesn't have the bandwidth to
4. How are async calls different than say using something like RabbitMQ
where I could post to a RabbitMQ queue and have some external application
process what is in that queue?
5. Assuming it does use some sort of queue, is there a way to store
messages across restarts or crashes?
Thanks for any help you can give me,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the erlang-questions