[erlang-questions] Calling my computer from my cell

Jachym Holecek freza@REDACTED
Wed Nov 2 10:26:27 CET 2011

# CGS 2011-11-02:
> SIP = Session Initiation Protocol
> @Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_Initiation_Protocol
> @Standard: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261
> @Extension: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3372.txt
>
> Best for voice communication

My definition of "best" surely wouldn't involve a text-based protocol
for something that's bound to be handling large numbers of concurrent
sessions over time, I'd much rather deploy something minimalistic like
Asterisk's IAX. But it's not like I can stop the progress... SIP won
already.

> (Erlang/OTP open source implementation:
> not known). Example of implementation: Asterisk
> (http://www.asterisk.org/)

Open source Erlang implementation known:

  http://www.stacken.kth.se/project/yxa/

:-)

Don't have hands-on experience with it though.

BR,
	-- Jachym