[erlang-questions] Help my with Chat System
Wed Nov 2 04:58:18 CET 2011
My job is implementing a Chat System between a Web user ( Comet client) and
a Swing Desktop Client.
After searching google, I found a topic of a Facebook Engineer that make me
So I'm very new to Erlang and Thrift.
After studying , Here is my solution:
1. Comet Server ( using Erlang)
- Accept Comet Clients
- If the client is New, Call *Processing Server *using Thrift to
generate an *ID *for him.
- Store *Response Object* in a Dict using the abobe *ID*
- Get Message from Comet Client and Call *Processing Server *using
Thrift to send Message to Swing Desktop Client
- Open a *Thrift Server Service (1*) that listen from *Processing
Server* action: send message to ID xxx ( and then response to the
right comet Client)
2. Processing Server ( Using Java)
- Accept Swing Desktop Client
- Open a *Thrift Server Service (2)* that listen from* Comet
Server*actions: generate ID, send message ( and then Send to Swing
- Receive message from Swing Desktop Client , then Call *Comet
Server *using Thrift to send Message to Comet Client
Please give me advice if Erlang have a better solution for me.
If you don't understand my idea, please tell me. My english is not good.
Thank you very much.
Name: Nguyen Huu Ha
HCMC University of Technology
Faculty of Computer Science & Engineering
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the erlang-questions