[erlang-questions] use of opcode 153; this emulator supports only up to 152 after upgrading to R140B4

Bryan Hughes bryan@REDACTED
Tue Nov 1 19:22:52 CET 2011

Hi Björn,

Thanks for the information - this was indeed the issue. It looks like
one of our developers was testing out R15 and accidentally introduced a
beam file in to the packaged release in a top level directory that
masked the beam that was generated by the build.   Unfortunately we had
never experience the error condition and rather cryptic message and was
off in the wrong direction trying to solve what was at issue.

Your previous response about making the exception message a bit more
informative would have tipped us off immediately.

=ERROR REPORT==== 31-Oct-2011::09:53:31 ===
beam/beam_load.c(1582): Error loading module t:
   This BEAM file was compiled for a later version of the run-time
system than R15A.
   To fix this, please recompile this module with an R15A compiler.
   (Use of opcode 154; this emulator supports only up to 153.)

Thanks again for all the help and responses.  Very much appreciated!

Erlang continues to ROCK!

Cheers,
Bryan