[erlang-questions] Question of mailing list subscription

Mon May 30 14:36:35 CEST 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 07:23:46AM +0800, Andy W. Song wrote:
> That's what I did but didn't work. I added +erlang as an account and gmail
> still sets "Sender" and "Delivered-To" to my real email address.

FYI: Currently, and with the previous mailing list manager (Ezmlm),
the only field used when checking if a mail comes from a subscriber
is the envelope return path (SMTP MAIL From:) field. It seems to be
the most reliable field, partly because it was the only one used by Ezmlm.

I and many (38, of which 11 gmail) others are subscribed using this
+suffix trick and it works for us.

I can see you managed to subscribe your +suffix address and unsubscribed
30 minutes later. Why your post failed is hard to tell afterwards.
If I get the msgid I can find that in the logs.
You maybe dropped that track a bit early...