[erlang-questions] Mnesia and network partitions

Carlo Bertoldi carlo.bertoldi@REDACTED
Wed May 25 17:07:00 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,
  I've got a mnesia schema on two nodes. I connected the nodes, added
some data, then
disconnected the nodes, in order to simulate a network split.
I changed some data in the slave node, then reconnected the nodes and
obtained
the expected message (** ERROR ** mnesia_event got {inconsistent_database,
running_partitioned_network, node@REDACTED}).
The problem is that the data on the slave node is still different from
the data in the master node.
I did set the master node with mnesia:set_master_nodes(), since I
understand that this should be enough to get the changes automatically
overwritten upon reconnection.

Thanks,
  Carlo