[erlang-questions] esmtp: send PDF as an attachment

Amancio Díaz Suárez adiaz@REDACTED
Tue May 24 18:52:48 CEST 2011

Hi Mickael,

I got something like this and works fine.

    MimeContent = #mime_part{data = NewContent,
                             type = inline,
                             encoding = {"7bit","text/html","utf-8"},
                             name = "txt.html"},

    {ok, PngContent0} = file:read_file(?MAIL_PNG_LOGO),
    PngContent1 = base64:encode(PngContent0),
    PngContent = erlang:binary_to_list(PngContent1),

    Atach2 = #mime_part{data = PngContent,
                             type = attachment,
                             encoding= {"base64", "image/png",
"iso-8859-1"},
                             name= FileNameLogo},

    Msg0 = #mime_msg{} = esmtp_mime:msg(SmtpTo, SmtpFrom, SmtpSubject),
    Msg = Msg0#mime_msg{parts = [MimeContent, Atach2]},
    esmtp:send(Msg).

change the MIME type, use "application/pdf" instead of "image/png".

Amancio.