[erlang-questions] Why do we need modules at all?

Cyryl Płotnicki-Chudyk cyplo@REDACTED
Tue May 24 16:30:23 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:

> Why not? - a plain text file is an abstraction - in reality its a collection
> of magnetised zones
> on a disk, or electron spin states or something, this gets turned into a
> collection of
> bits, the bits are rendered in a editor. Plain text doesn't exist - it's
> just an abstraction.

How about storing the code in the old school plain text files but with
additional, also plain text, index/metadata files ?
That would satisfy both the searchability and legacy compatibility

--
cyryl