[erlang-questions] Why do we need modules at all?

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Tue May 24 13:28:53 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Jesper Louis Andersen <
jesper.louis.andersen@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:06, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
> > Why do we need modules at all?
>
> I think we need modules, but this post sparked a thought I have had
> for some time now.
>
> I'd like to have module renaming/namespacing!

I agree - I still like the good 'ol Knuthian way - start with source file,
then add patch files.

You could make a language could make a language construct for this.

   new_foo = alias foo/2