[erlang-questions] Calling multiple processes simultaneously

Martin Dimitrov mrtndimitrov@REDACTED
Mon May 23 18:01:23 CEST 2011

Hi, please, advise on this one,

We have several hundred processes (gen_servers) . At one point the
program has to send them a message that needs to be handled before the
calling process can continue executing. This naturally led us to use
gen_server:call in loop over the processes.

I started to wonder if there is a more efficient way of doing it since
the calling process doesn’t care about the return value – just needs to
be sure that all processes had handled the message. Can we somehow call
the processes simultaneously? Something similar to gen_server:multi_call
but for one node with different processes?

Regards,

Martin