[erlang-questions] erlmail problems

Andrew Thompson andrew@REDACTED
Fri May 20 16:53:37 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 03:11:49PM +0300, Martin Dimitrov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use erlmail as an IMAP client only. I modified the
> library to use ssl instead of gen_tcp sockets but I receive errors when
> the library is parsing the return line from googlemail:
>
> * OK Gimap ready for requests from 79.126.56.221 i9if507573yhn.157\r\n
>
> This line seems to me ok.
> Had anyone used erlmail as an IMAP client? Any advise? Other libraries?

I tried to play with erlmail some and I couldn't get anywhere. I was
trying the IMAP server component though, not the client. After digging
into it a little I basically wrote the whole codebase off as a loss
because I had trouble figuring out how the code was *supposed* to work,
let alone figuring out why it wasn't working.

I don't know of an alternate IMAP client library for erlang, though.
I've been writing an IMAP server implementation for the last couple
weeks (https://github.com/Vagabond/diemap) but that's probably not much
help (its also really unfinished). I was considering eventually writing
a client to go with it, as I did with my SMTP library but if I do it'll
be a while.

Andrew