[erlang-questions] Advanced Erlang Subtleties

James Churchman jameschurchman@REDACTED
Fri May 20 13:35:13 CEST 2011

> Indeed.  If we can have only one built-in comparison, it needs to be
> total over all values.  It is a pity that Prolog's distinction between
> term comparison and number comparison wasn't carried over to Erlang :-(
>
> Indeed that would have made the language a tad bigger, but stopped this
ambiguity!

Are there any other  good subtleties to erlang that anybody wishes to add to
this list?
I can't have covered all of them :-)

also does anybody know the answer to my :
> There is a 3rd parameter in the AST for a catch section in a Try/Catch
that is always a match all ( a bit like ERROR_TYPE:ERROR:_ ) does anybody
know what this means? is there an extra option in a catch that is rarely
used?

James