[erlang-questions] multiple httpc requests with the default profile which work like multiple profiles

Pablo Platt pablo.platt@REDACTED
Fri May 20 01:19:46 CEST 2011

I'm using httpc to load test a Comet long-polling server.
Each client is simulated with a gen_server that makes an http request using httpc.
The first request the client send is a sync request and subsequent requests are async.

On the server side, in the receive of the pid that has the socket, I'm getting a message from a request sent by another client:

{tcp,#Port<0.4011>,"GET /test/?user=12 HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: host.test:8000\r\nContent-Length: 0\r\n\r\n"}
The above happens when all clients are using the default httpc profile.
When I'm using a separate profile for each client, I don't get the above message.
The problem is that I'm exceeding the max allowed ETS tables.
Does each profile use a separate ETS table? (why?)

Is it a known behavior that a socket get a new http request before responding to the first one?
Is it related to pipelining?
What setting do I need for the default profile to make it work like a separate profile for each client?

Thanks