[erlang-questions] 'reply-to' header in this mailing list

David Mercer dmercer@REDACTED
Thu May 19 18:35:14 CEST 2011

My comments in-line with reply below.

From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED [mailto:erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Robert Virding
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:07 AM
To: Alexander Krasnukhin
Cc: erlang-questions@REDACTED

How about we completely side-step the whole issue and re-structure the various erlang mailing lists a forum instead? And by choosing one of the common and free forum packages we will automatically get a standard (in the sense of being common and much used) behaviour.

This is also a serious suggestion.

[DBM] What’s the difference between a forum and a mailing list?  I tend to think of forums as being something like Usenet, but I haven’t used that in years.  Some people seem to think they’re like Google Groups, which I don’t really use that much.  Can someone please elucidate the distinction between a mailing list and a forum?

Thanks.

DBM