[erlang-questions] DRY principle and the syntax inconsistency in fun vs. vanilla functions

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Thu May 19 10:48:33 CEST 2011

Out of interest, I tried it on one of my own modules.

Your way: https://gist.github.com/980420
The highway: https://github.com/komone/qrcode/blob/master/src/base32.erl

In order to make your way less confusing, as the pattern matching entry
points to the function were extremely un-obvious, and in the spirit of
making it work I tried "double indent".
Double indented: https://gist.github.com/980412

For me, either way, the intention is harder to read, and/or forces me to
focus on/put in a bunch of white space.

What do you think?