[erlang-questions] About Environment variable ERL_MAX_PORTS

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Thu May 19 08:50:37 CEST 2011

Greetings,

If I may assume that you mean network connections the manual
(http://erlang.org/doc/efficiency_guide/advanced.html#id67006) says:

"The maximum number of simultaneously open files and sockets depend on
the maximum number of Erlang ports available, and operating system
specific settings and limits."

So you need at least 500k ports and that the OS allows you to use 500k
for sockets.

bengt