[erlang-questions] debugger - usage & development

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Thu May 12 16:56:27 CEST 2011

2011/5/12 Cyryl Płotnicki-Chudyk <cyplo@REDACTED>:
> Hello there !
>
> I wanted to know more about your debugging techniques - do you use
> console printing a lot, or maybe stick to the debugger ?

I guess everything is used, printing, the debugger and tracing,
different problems
have different needs.

I like to use the debugger on distributed and parallel applications,
when I need to control the timing and the
order of messages sent and receive involving several nodes and/or processes.

> Also - is there a person or a group of people actively managing Erlang
> graphical debugger ?

Depends on what you mean with actively :-)

> If so - what is the proper way of posting my improvement suggestions ?
> If not - what does it take to become such a person ?

See https://github.com/erlang/otp/wiki/Submitting-patches

/Dan