[erlang-questions] spdy in mouchi web

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Sat May 7 14:13:58 CEST 2011

On 05/07/2011 12:09 PM, James Churchman wrote:
> So my question is ( might be quid a huge ask), is, does anybody plan to
> add this to mouciweb ( and therefore webmachine )
>
> I am guessing its a bit of a chicken/egg seniario but if it has google
> behind it that may help adoption, and it may bring dev's to erlang if
> its (one of) the first to support it!

It'll become interesting whenever the protocol becomes stable and
whenever they allow Chrome to use it outside the Google services, as
it's apparently hardcoded for everything else currently.

It is an interesting experiment as it allows processing multiple
requests in parallel over a single TCP connection. However, for most
applications it doesn't give much advantage over pipelining so its
adoption in other browsers might take a while.

Still this is interesting enough to support it whenever we can actually
use it, in my opinion.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend