[erlang-questions] mochiweb https/ssl

sasa sasa555@REDACTED
Fri May 6 16:17:23 CEST 2011

Hello,
thank you for the reply. It helped me move in the right direction, but
I still can't figure out the underlying problem.

I have configured stunnel on the test server. The stunnel acted as a
https proxy to the http erlang server on the same machine.

The behavior was somewhat better - the load test of about 2000
requests would work correctly for about 30 seconds, then all
subsequent requests would fail. When using erlang ssl, such load test
would fail immediately.

I have then moved stunnel proxy to a separate server, and then it
worked perfectly.

Currently, I am suspecting that cpu load might be the problem. When I
had stunnel on the same machine as erlang server, cpu load was going
high. The same thing happened when I used erlang ssl. When stunnel is
on a separate machine, the cpu load on both machines is fairly low.

I cannot explain why it works better with stunnel. Do I have to
manually configure ssl sessions when using erlang? As I mentioned
earlier, the client does long polling i.e. it sends an request, and as
soon as the request is responded, the new one is made. Is it possible
that ssl handhsake occurs for every request?

Any other ideas?

Best regards,
Sasa