[erlang-questions] Encrypting/Decrypting data

Chad DePue chad@REDACTED
Thu May 5 09:34:35 CEST 2011

I would strongly recommend reading Bruce Schneier's Practical Cryptography -
it is absolutely invaluable for building this type of system. Then, I'd
suggest reading Hacker News and searching for posts by tptacek
http://news.ycombinator.com/user?id=tptacek - his warnings regarding
building your own encryption system - even by just cobbling together secure
algorithms - should not be taken lightly. His most famous post on the
subject is "If you're typing the letters A-E-S into your code you're doing
it wrong" is worth reading.

http://chargen.matasano.com/chargen/2009/7/22/if-youre-typing-the-letters-a-e-s-into-your-code-youre-doing.html

Best,

Chad DePue