[erlang-questions] File size limits on file:write_file and file:write?

Dave Challis dsc@REDACTED
Wed May 4 13:19:13 CEST 2011

On 04/05/11 11:53, Carlo Bertoldi wrote:
> On 04/05/2011 12:29, Dave Challis wrote:
>> I'm having trouble writing large binaries to disk using file:write or
>> file:write_file.
>>
>> If I shrink Data to less than 2Gb, the write operation works fine.
>>
> snip
>> Erlang is running in 64-bit mode, my erlang system info is:
>> Erlang R14B02 (erts-5.8.3) [source] [64-bit] [smp:8:8] [rq:8]
>> [async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
>>
>> Is there something I should be doing differently, or a compile time
>> option that I missed?
>>
> I believe you forgot to mention the underlying filesystem you're using.
> The 2GB limit reminds me of a FAT filesystem. Just my 2 cents.

Ah, sorry.  I'm trying to write to an ext4 partition, running on 64-bit
Ubuntu.  I can create 10Gb+ files in the directory I'm trying to write
to using applications without a problem though.

Thanks,
--
Dave Challis
dsc@REDACTED