[erlang-questions] removing an element from a list

Ivan Uemlianin ivan@REDACTED
Tue May 3 11:30:52 CEST 2011

Thanks, that was going to be my second question.  I was thinking some of
the lists I'm using should probably be dicts, ... or sets.

Best

Ivan

On 03/05/2011 10:26, Ahmed Omar wrote:
> * 2nd case (removing several elements, i.e subtracting lists) you need
> to be careful, if your lists are huge you wanna consider using sets
> http://www.erlang.org/doc/efficiency_guide/commoncaveats.html#id59266
>
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Mazen Harake <mazen.harake@REDACTED
> <mailto:mazen.harake@REDACTED>> wrote:
>
>     The simple answer is: They are almost the same. if you only want
>     to remove 1 element the list then use delete, if you want to
>     remove several then use subtract.
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> - Ahmed Omar
> http://nl.linkedin.com/in/adiaa
> Follow me on twitter
> @spawn_think <http://twitter.com/#%21/spawn_think>

Ivan A. Uemlianin

                     ivan@REDACTED
                      www.llaisdy.com
                          llaisdy.wordpress.com
                      www.linkedin.com/in/ivanuemlianin

     "Froh, froh! Wie seine Sonnen, seine Sonnen fliegen"
                      (Schiller, Beethoven)