[erlang-questions] Dialyzer

Carlo Bertoldi carlo.bertoldi@REDACTED
Mon May 2 12:11:30 CEST 2011

On 02/05/2011 11:55, Kostis Sagonas wrote:
> Carlo Bertoldi wrote:

>> I apologize for the incompleteness, here goes the module
>
> Well, probably it's a bad Monday alright for you.  Wondering what
> exactly it is you did during the weekend... ;)
You don't wanna know ;)

> Anyway, didn't you happen to notice that dialyzer generates an awful
> lot of other warnings for this module?
Actually yes, but I thought about resolving the first issue of the list
before.
Of course I was awfully wrong, after fixing the call to file:open, all
the other warnings disappeared in a puff of logic.
This is a silly error indeed, but I wonder, how come that write_config
was working anyway?
I tested that before the weekend ;)
> Among them, a warning that basically tells you that the proper way to
> use file:open/2 is with a list of options in the second argument, i.e.
> file:open(File, [write]), instead of what you've written below?
> Please fix this.
>
> As to the warning you are getting, can't you see that the function
> change_interval/2 is nowhere used in this file?  Even erlc will tell
> you that.
Sorry again, I didn't paste every lines of the actual module, and I've
read the mail a couple of times. Guess I do need a triple coffee.

  Carlo