[erlang-questions] how to add a module to preLoaded?

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Mar 31 18:20:35 CEST 2011

I'm trying to add a preloaded module for a patch I'm working on, but this turns out to be exceptionally difficult.

I found the ./otp_build update_preloaded, which works great for existing preloaded files.

Now trying to add (in my case) prim_ram_file, to the list of preloaded modules, I've so far found the list hard-coded in the following places:

- erts/preloaded/src/Makefile
- $ERL_TOP/Makefile.in
- lib/sasl/src/systools_make.erl

I feel that I have updated all the hard-coded representations, and tried various combinations of
- ./otp_build update_preloaded
- make
- make release
- ./otp_build setup
- ./otp_build boot
- ./otp_build update_primary

None of them seem to actually change the start scripts - not that I'm even sure that this would make a difference, since the whole preloading is a deep dark mystery.

What is the magic incantation that I'm missing?

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, CTO, Erlang Solutions, Ltd.
http://erlang-solutions.com