[erlang-questions] Re: Differences in Erlang shells in Windows

Koener Antoine antoine.koener@REDACTED
Mon Mar 28 21:22:18 CEST 2011

> is of the shells "erl.exe" and "werl.exe". I'm kind of new to this,
> and I want to make sure I am using the right one.

Easy:
erl.exe don't handle completion, (i.e. TAB is a \t) and runs in
'cmd.exe'
werl.exe is autonomous, you can change the font, you have completion
(TAB completes)

erl.exe is needed to launch a service (see erlsrv)
werl.exe is the prefered window shell.

Finally experiment yourself, you'll find that werl is the only way to
go on windows...