[erlang-questions 13] Re: [erlang-questions] Webmachine questions

Alain O'Dea alain.odea@REDACTED
Fri Mar 25 21:00:35 CET 2011

Hi Ulf:

You won't actually need two delete functions, since process_post can
delegate to your delete handler if the correct form parameter is
present.

It's a compromise.  Modifying the webmachine_decision_core to handle
protocol tunneling would be a serious challenge.  An alternative would
be to have to have an HTTP proxy in front of webmachine that
understands your representation of tunneling.

Overall a proxy would be epically more complicated and operational
problematic than a small amount of branching within a resource.  A
much better alternative is to implement a generic webmachine resource
that accepts a callback module whose functions perform the
application-level request processing.  That way you could effectively
have a generic HTTP method tunneling webmachine resource :)

None of this is necessary if you use XHR to send your forms since it
allows you to set the method.

Cheers,
Alain