[erlang-questions] How common using erlang for financial systems?

Håkan Stenholm <>
Sun Mar 20 13:49:38 CET 2011

On 2011-03-20 12.57, Zsolt Czinkos wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm planning to write my BSc thesis about Erlang (what it is,
> concurrency, high availability, what it is suitable for and why, etc).
> I study Information Technology In Economics, so I'd like to
> demonstrate Erlang capabilities in some finance related area (not
> telecom where it comes from).
> So my question is: how common using erlang in financial systems? Can
> you recommend some articles, URLs, companies ... anything  I can start
> with?
Klarna (formerly Kreditor) a swedish invoicing company, uses a system
written in Erlang.

Company home page: http://klarna.com
- You will probably not get much elang info here.

There is at least some info from various programming conferences like
the EUC - Erlang User Conference in Stockholm

Betting on Functional Programming and Winning.  - Erik Stenman,
Kreditor, Sweden.

Quality Cruising -- Making Java Work for Erlang.  - Erik Stenman

Tokyo Cabinet and CouchDB with Mnesia