[erlang-questions] counter.erl example from "Concurrent Programming in ERLANG" - debugging

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Tue Mar 15 18:32:02 CET 2011

Of course it's the canonical book! :-) More seriously, I don't think
that Erlang has changed in such a way that examples there won't run in
the current systems. It is more that new things have been added since
then. One fun thing in the old book are the examples which describe
hardware control problems.

One change, however, is that the behaviour of link/1 has changed when
trying to link a dead process. Originally link/1 was completely
asynchronous and would always generate a 'noproc' exit signal from the
non-existent process, irrespective of whether the process was local or
on another node. Now it tries to "help" by behaving differently if the
process is local. Grrr.

Robert