VM ends with 'killed'

Gordon Guthrie gordon@REDACTED
Mon Mar 14 09:31:45 CET 2011

Folks

I have been trying to resolve some run time issues. We are running a
big data load and the VM was crashing due to memory running out.

The first issue was a runaway message queue - so we put in a limiter
that checked that processes message queue and waited til it cleared if
there was overload.

The problem moved to another process whose heap would grow and grow.
Adding a check on the heap size and forced garbage collect appeared to
be the answer.

But now when I run the load, after adding most of the data the VM
suddenly ends with the stark message:
Killed
[End]

There is no crash dump. What do I do now? Where do I start debugging this?

Gordon

--
Gordon Guthrie
CEO hypernumbers