[erlang-questions] Escript to run erlang applcation

Eric Merritt ericbmerritt@REDACTED
Fri Mar 11 16:42:22 CET 2011

Escript doesn't have anything built in to do this for you. However,
assuming it is a single app and its in your path you can just do
application start. That is

application:start(<my app name as atom>).

Of course, that will only start up your application and will fail if
your dependencies aren't started. The only option you really have then
is to call application start on your entire dependency chain and your
application in dependency order. Thats actually not as bad as it
sounds.

Of course after a while you are going to want to start releases via
escript, but thats not really possible at the moment.

Eric