Structs? In my Erlang?

Anthony Ramine nox@REDACTED
Wed Mar 9 15:14:20 CET 2011

Hi,

I've stumbled upon a small commented out Erlang feature, tagged tuples called structs [1]. After further investigation, I've found out some comments saying it's a future feature which hasn't been completed yet [2].

Where it gets interesting is that this comment was already there in R6B0, which was released in 1999 [3].

So is that a feature that should be finished, superseded by frames or should it be entirely removed?
Please note that the commented out code isn't even up to date now [4].

[1] https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/dev/lib/stdlib/src/erl_parse.yrl#L333
[2] https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/dev/lib/compiler/src/sys_pre_expand.erl#L22
[3] https://github.com/mfoemmel/erlang-otp/blob/R6B-0/lib/compiler/src/sys_pre_expand.erl#L21
[4] https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/dev/lib/stdlib/src/erl_expand_records.erl#L302