[erlang-questions] Dialyzer vs. Weird List Comprehensions

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Sat Mar 5 00:23:12 CET 2011

One guess is that might depend on the fact that dialyzer works on Core erlang, an internal compiler format, and at that stage list/binary comprehensions have already been expanded into local recursive functions. These comprehension functions will contain a clause which against the head of a list. Dialyzer will then detect that the comprehension function is only called with a [] and then warn that the pattern in this clause can never match.

But this is just a guess.

Robert

--
Robert Virding, Erlang Solutions Ltd.