[erlang-questions] Why do people keep rebar binary in repos ?

Dave Smith dizzyd@REDACTED
Wed Mar 2 00:08:23 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Konstantin Sorokin <kvs@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I noticed that a lot of people keep 'rebar' in their public repositories. I
> wonder what may be the reason behind that ? I am coming from the C++ world
> and for me it seems very strange like, say, keeping 'make' binary along with
> the C++ sources.

Generally, this was something I (and the rebar team, generally)
encouraged for reasons of adoption. Requiring someone to install a new
(unknown) tool like rebar just to compile code is rarely a popular way
to get a project bootstrapped. :) However, with the current adoption
level, this is something I expect will start changing.

Yes, it is a little odd but it sure was handy. :)

D.