[erlang-questions] Two useful libraries (which now exist)

Evan Miller emmiller@REDACTED
Thu Jun 30 03:30:59 CEST 2011

A month ago I asked about the possible existence of three libraries I
thought would be pretty useful. I've started to piece together two of
them:

1. This fork of erl_img has JPEG read support. PNG write support, and
crop/scale routines:

  https://github.com/evanmiller/erl_img

Thanks to Tony Rogvall for sharing his JPEG code. The image scaling
algorithm uses bicubic interpolation; it doesn't yet work on paletted
images.

2. Here's a library I'm writing that can partially read and write RTF,
HTML, BBCode, and Textile:

  https://github.com/evanmiller/jerome

It is called Jerome in honor of the multi-lingual saint. Jerome is
alpha quality but I've gotten some mileage out of it. It's nice being
able to "choose your own adventure" with markup languages. Upload as
RTF, edit as Textile, format as HTML, etc. It'd be nice to get more
languages and syntax features supported; patches are most welcome.

Regards,

Evan