[erlang-questions] Erlang emacs workflow question

Dale Harvey dale@REDACTED
Tue Jun 28 20:42:37 CEST 2011

I wrote a little compile helper plugin for emacs, I am not an emacs guru but
it helps me

https://github.com/daleharvey/dotfiles/blob/master/emacs/compile-helper/compile-helper.el

With the following config

(setq build-helper-files
       '(("Makefile" . "make")
         (".couchapprc" . "couchapp push")))

Whenever I press M-x compile (I bind to M-1) it will take the current
directory and search backwards until it finds some file that it recognizes,
in this case it is Makefile, I have my Makefile kick off a rebar compile.
and am using mochiweb:reloader when running a development to which will hot
load any newly compiled beam files.

If there are any errors during recompilation then an emacs buffer will popup
with a link directory to the line the error was in, I also use distel +
flymake mode to get syntax checking as I type so syntax errors are pretty
rare.

I havent actually added distel to the setup - but the compile helper and
erlang mode is in - https://github.com/daleharvey/dotfiles/tree/master/emacs

Hope its handy
Dale