[erlang-questions] gen_tcp and large HTTP headers

Sverker Eriksson <>
Thu Jun 23 16:16:07 CEST 2011

The bug is causing http lines to get truncated when the inet_drv
in-buffer gets full.

It would be nicer to dynamically expand the in-buffer and let
inet:setopts option {packet_size, MaxSize} be used to protect against
DoS attacks as it can for other packet types.**

Steve Vinoski wrote:

> Looking at the packet parser, I'm thinking it always treats this case
> as HTTP version 0.9, so that's wrong as well.

What's wrong? I didn't understand that.

/Sverker, Erlang/OTP