[erlang-questions] gen_tcp and large HTTP headers

Paolo Negri paolo.negri@REDACTED
Thu Jun 23 10:34:46 CEST 2011

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for discussing this, we encountered the problem on our system
and filed the bug that originated Roberto's email [1].
We're currently working around the problem by setting recbuf on the
socket, this temporary solution is not too bad in real life if the
need is only to cope with requests originated by browsers as currently
fairly popular ones can't handle over 2048 characters [2].
While this is suitable as a temporary solution it really feels like
the current implementation of inet is incorrect as it states "The
packets are returned with the format according to HttpPacket described
in erlang:decode_packet/3" [3] and instead the results are different
from those one would get by calling erlang:decode_packet/3

[1] https://github.com/ostinelli/misultin/issues/40
[2] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208427
[3] http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/inet.html#setopts-2

Thanks,