[erlang-questions] Trace/BPT trap on OS X when loading linked-in driver

Lukas Larsson lukas.larsson@REDACTED
Wed Jun 22 10:58:41 CEST 2011

Hi,

If I remember correctly the wx driver had the same issue on OS X, so you might want to have a look there are how Dan managed that.

Lukas
----- Original Message -----
From: "Max Lapshin" <max.lapshin@REDACTED>
To: "Erlang-Questions Questions" <erlang-questions@REDACTED>
Sent: Tuesday, 21 June, 2011 19:54:36 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna
Subject: [erlang-questions] Trace/BPT trap on OS X when loading linked-in driver

I've written linked-in driver for capturing sound with portaudio library.
When I load it, erlang exits with Trace/BPT trap message.

The following stacktrace in gdb:

#0  0x00007fff88d1f570 in __CFInitialize ()
#1  0x00007fff5fc0d5ce in
__dyld__ZN16ImageLoaderMachO11doImageInitERKN11ImageLoader11LinkContextE
()
#2  0x00007fff5fc0d607 in
__dyld__ZN16ImageLoaderMachO16doInitializationERKN11ImageLoader11LinkContextE
()
#3  0x00007fff5fc0bcec in
__dyld__ZN11ImageLoader23recursiveInitializationERKNS_11LinkContextEj
()

This happens because it is loading in non-main thread and CFInitialize
_must_ be called in main thread.

http://openradar.appspot.com/7209349

Is there any way to order erlang to load driver in main thread? Or
maybe there is some way to do workaround with some DYLD environment
variables?